Sunday, August 5, 2018

Mission Update- Baptisms

I just want to thank all of you who have emailed Marissa. She really appreciates hearing from extended family and friends, and even strangers! Thank you for keeping her in your thoughts and prayers.

Here is last week's update-

Hello Everyone! 

This last week was a really special week as we had a Noche Blanca! A Noche Blanca is when the whole zone has baptisms at the same time. We had seven altogether. My companion and I had two of the seven. As a gift for the two, I worked every spare minute on a drawing for each of them and my companion wrote a quote and scripture on the other side. We also gave them CTR rings. It was such a special night and so much fun! Our two brought the cutest little mouse that I was so happy to hold and play with. In some of the pictures you will see me holding it. I was so happy that day. 

So the water was green and freezing cold and we were trying to warm up hot water in these tea kettles to pour in but it still ended up being really cold. 

It is such a wonderful feeling to see your investigators get baptized. And to know that you helped them find their way to the truth. Our new converts is Jorge (10) and Emerson (12). They are cousins and the 12-year old is smaller than the other. They were so happy. It was such a good day, and it was so nice to see them be baptized. 

The next day (Sunday) we were a little nervous when Jorge didn't show up to Sacrament meeting. He arrived near the end but was able to be confirmed, which was a relief. 

I have also been asked about the park with Groot. This is a park that there are trunk structures and by far my favorite was baby Groot. It was so fun. P-days are so much fun. 

I am sending pictures, love and prayers. 

With lots of love, 
    Hermana Madsen









 (The Groot pics are on the previous post.)
           

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments mean a lot!