Monday, September 10, 2018

Machu Picchu (Mission Update)

Yesterday I did not have time to write because I went to Machu Picchu!

It's a long trip from Cusco to Machu Pichu. We left at 6:30 in the morning and got on a bus. It was a two hour bus ride to Ollantaytamba, where we got on a train for two hours to go to Aguas Calientes. Aguas Calientes is a town right under Machu Picchu. From there we boarded yet another bus to head up the mountain to get to Machu Picchu. 


One Elder left his cardnet (ID basically that show we are from Peru or living here) on the bus and had to go chase it down. He barely made it in time to get on the train!


My two companions and I waiting for the train. 




An Elder took my camera and took a picture of the Elders. 



The town of Aguas Calientes. While in the town we passed by lots of restaurants and people will stand outside trying to get you inside to eat and buy food. One of them was really persistent as he told us that pretty girls ate free and won't we just come in? 






Our tour guide was named Elvis and he took us on a tour and explained the history a little bit. I highly recommend learning about this amazing place. When we went there, I felt the spirit really strongly; I think it's a special place. 






I found a dog in Machu Picchu! Sadly, I couldn't bring him home with me (my companions wouldn't let me).



Llamas are found all over Machu Picchu. 

Our name tags.


This is the Sacred Rock. You can't tell from the picture but it's called that because it is shaped like the mountain behind it.


My group, which means all those that came with me and were in the MTC with me. We are missing some but that's a lot right there!


And that was my trip to Machu Picchu! It was a crazy, filled with adventure, type of day! Love you all! 

Love, 
Hermana Madsen

Dear Reader,

Please take a moment today to write our sweet Marissa. She really needs to hear from friends and family, and just anyone. She needs to know someone is thinking of her and that she isn't forgotten. Mission life isn't easy and she has been struggling with her health and her spirits ever since arriving in Cusco. Please send her some of your love, encouragement, favorite scripture verses, or advice if you served a mission. You may email her at: marissa.madsen@myldsmail.net or she has had luck receiving cards in the mail (make sure you use correct postage) if you'd like to try that. Here is the mailing address (please address your letter/card exactly this way):
                                   Marissa Madsen
                                   Peru Cusco Mission
                                   Av. De la Cultura 2417
                                   Frente de Urb. Santa Ursula
                                   Capilla Mormona
                                   Cusco
                                   Peru



There is also a pouch address for letters. If you want to try sending her mail through the pouch, let me know and I'll give you that address. Thank you for caring!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments mean a lot!