Tuesday, October 9, 2018

September Recap

September was a beautiful month for me.

When the month started, Marcus was in the middle of a driver's ed night course through the local high school. He was carpooling with three girls in our ward (church congregation) and one of them informed him that he does not go to "real school." This really struck Marcus and on his own he wrote an informal essay about "real school." I was so impressed that I immediately posted it to my personal blog where I have some homeschooling followers. I'm sure they've heard that line also. If you'd like to read his brilliant logic, just click on the link above.



One of the really nice things about homeschooling is the freedom to go on a hike in the middle of a school day, and that's exactly what Marcus and I did one Friday morning after Seminary. Fridays are often fun-days for us since Marcus does not have online courses that day. On this lovely Friday we hiked the Limber Pine Nature Trail up Logan Canyon. It was very peaceful and just what we both needed. If I sent Marcus to school, I'd miss precious time like this with him. Not only that, but I would not be his primary influence during the day and I'd miss out on opportunities to teach and nourish him as I've been admonished to by the Lord. I was called to homeschool my son and it hit me the other day that that I am a better mama as a homeschooling mom. So no matter how anyone judges us for homeschooling, I know I am doing what my Heavenly Father would have me do.



A big highlight of the month for me was my first Walk MS. It was an emotional experience for me to be there with Zachary. Darcie and Marcus joined in also. The only other support Zach received was from David's youngest brother, Bruce, and his wife, Pam, and their daughters, Lindsey and Bridgette (I'm sorry Lindsey, if I'm spelling your name wrong!). And one friend from our ward gave a donation. Next year I really hope to rally more support and get a good group of us on the walk together as an open show of our love for Zach. I know his MS isn't easy on him and I don't understand all he deals with, but I see him struggling now and then, and he's so brave! I admire his inner strength so much.




On my birthday weekend, the boys and I did a hike to Bloomington Lake in Idaho. It was so pretty!
I had a lovely birthday this year. My sweet husband gave me season tickets to the Eccles theatre; my mother and her husband, Dave, sent me flowers; my daughter, Darcie, gave me some cute Mickey sweats; my friend, Heather, and her daughter stopped by with gifts for my beach themed craft room; my friends, Steph and Natosha, gave me pampering gifts; my sister treated me to lunch and gave me autumn scented lotions. It wasn't the gifts that made my birthday lovely. It was to be thought of and remembered by family and friends. 💙 The Primary program was on my birthday this year and my little charge was so cute and funny at the microphone. We had practiced his line for months: "Jesus loves me." But when the time came he repeated a sound like "ah ah ah ah" until I cut him off, LOL. I love my calling and I think I learn more from this sweet little boy than he learns from me.



Marcus and I spent the last week of September, and first week of October, with David in Columbus, Montana. On the last weekend of September, the three of us drove to Billings and toured the Moss mansion. It was fascinating. Nearly all of the furnishings and décor are original to the mansion and the few that aren't are from the time period. If you're ever in Billings, we highly recommend this museum.

And that was our September in a nutshell! If you read this, thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments mean a lot!