Wednesday, October 3, 2018

Transfer to Juliaca (Mission Update)


Well do I have news for you! 

I am in Juliaca. In the Wiracocha 1 sector. Don't worry if you can't pronounce that I can't either. 

I loved the time I had in Vista Alegre, in Cusco city itself, but I am so excited for this new opportunity. I can't believe I will be serving in Juliaca! 

My companion is Hermana Aquino. She will be dying (as in going home) at the end of this transfer. That's right, she is dying with me as her last companion. I am so excited to get to know and work with her. 

This week, our P-day is Wednesday because I spent all day today in a taxi from Cusco to Juliaca. So expect lots more stories to come, and pictures with my new companion!

Last week, for our final P-day as a trio, we went exploring Cusco.


We found this really cool place called Qorikancha. 


Hello Everyone!  

I have lots to tell you! 

Last week, P-day was on Wednesday since people were traveling to different places (on Monday). So Wednesday we played sports and had lunch with everyone in our zone. 

There is also a fair in town and we went to get candy apples to bribe some kids to listen to our lesson. Hey, whatever works. When teaching kids, you get creative to get them to listen. 


The candy apples are delicious. We have passed the fair just to buy candy apples. It's really exciting. I'll need to send you guys more pictures of the feria.

Today we went to Lampa. A city about 30 minutes away from here. We went into a catholic church and down into catacombs. And yes, I think those are real bones and dead people. Yuck. 
But it was so cool.



The Hermanas that we went with. 










 We also ate chicharrón de alpaca for lunch, which was good.


Serving a mission is hard, but it is so worth it. I have respect for everyone serving, especially those serving sick or hurting. They have real courage and I know that heaven is watching and cheering them on. I have such a testimony of missionary work. 

More adventures to come! 

Love,
Hermana Madsen (September 24, 2018)


I am a little behind posting Marissa's mission updates so please check back later this week. I have to share my laptop with Marcus while we are visiting David in Montana this week and he needs it for his online classes. Thank you so much for taking the time to visit this blog and for your friendship and support. It means a lot to us. Please continue to write The Sweetest Missionary Ever at
marissa.madsen@myldsmail.net




No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments mean a lot!