Monday, September 3, 2018

August Recap

I am always happy to see September, but how quickly summer flew by this year! I am excited for cooler weather, changes of the leaves, boots, hoodies, hot cocoa and pumpkin pie. What's your favorite part of autumn?

As for August, here are the highlights-




David, Marcus and I spent some time at Tony Grove and Marcus and I walked the trail around the lake.






The SURF club had two final craft days where the girls made lollipops and memory books. Each girl's memory book had 4 photos from our summer crafting parties.


We also had a movie/pizza party as a last hoorah. The girls chose Disney's original Freaky Friday movie which none of them had seen. Our next craft party will be in October for Halloween.


Marcus and I have just begun his tenth grade year and we are both excited to continue our homeschooling journey together. High school is a time when many homeschooling parents put their kids in public school, but that will never be an option for Marcus because of my firm belief that teenagers need their parents more than ever and how can I be the kind of mom he needs if I send him away to strangers for the majority of each week day, only to get what is left over? That left over time would too often be rushed, filled with more school (homework), and competing time with other activities. Plus, the more I dive into the history behind compulsive schooling, and the more I learn about all that is terribly wrong with the public school system today, I can not in good conscience send my baby there knowing I will answer to my Heavenly Father for my parenting choices, especially after He led me to homeschooling and to Liahona Academy

Besides, this year is going to be amazing! We have an early church history unit study planned which will go along with his Doctrine & Covenants year of Seminary. And if you'd like to read a delightful essay Marcus wrote about "real school", check it out on Camie's Cozy Corner. Thanks for reading and please leave me a comment letting me know you were here. If you have a blog, leave your link so I can follow you. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments mean a lot!