Monday, April 9, 2018

March Recap

March was a busy month for our family because David, Zach, and Marcus tackled a remodeling project which turned our house upside down! It all started when David decided to make better use of our family junk room den by transforming it into my craft room. In one Saturday, everything was taken out of that room and the carpeting was ripped up. For weeks afterwards, we lived with clutter in our upstairs hallway (for lack of another location) while the guys worked hard to design, paint, build, and assemble.

Here is the reveal...








It turned out wonderfully, don't you think? Some of my nieces and nephew were the first to try it out when they visited us Easter weekend.

Other happenings last month...

I took dairy out of my diet to see if I have a food sensitivity. I ended up trying some new recipes and some were vegan. I especially loved the vegan oatmeal chocolate chip cookies I made. Yum!

David had spinal implant surgery for his pain. He was really sore for days afterwards, but now his back is healing nicely and he's feeling a lot better.

We got more snow. We also had pretty yellow flowers poking out of the ground in my first ever tulip/crocus garden. I can't wait 'til they are in full bloom!




Our month ended on a beautiful note- General Conference and Easter weekend all wrapped up together. Zach had a friend over, and our niece, Heidi, and her boyfriend joined us as well to watch the sessions, eat a ham and potato salad dinner, go on an egg hunt and dye eggs. Lots of fun!



For any family reading this, stay tuned for an update from the Sweetest Missionary Ever. She's having a delightful time serving the people (and animals) of Cusco. If you haven't written her lately, please do so! Email her at: marissa.madsen@myldsmail.net




No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments mean a lot!