Monday, April 9, 2018

Dobby (A Missionary Update)


This update covers two weeks...

Giving service in a bakery


I loved General Conference and was so happy to be able to watch it in English, although we had a couple of scares when we had no connection. We were all surprised to hear about the changes to home and visiting teaching, and to hear about seven new temples. We were all so happy. 



Did Marcus tell you about Dobby? She's this dog that seems to have adopted us and some days she'll follow us around. We've had to chase her out of stores. She's here with us today in the computer place. She has also followed us on buses until we led her off and left her. She makes me happy. I love her so much.


I love your emails, I look forward to them all week. That is, when I'm not busy thinking about my investigators. We have made lots of progress this week. The other week we were walking and heard someone talking about our church, except I wasn't sure I was hearing it correctly. When my companion turned and introduced herself, I knew that I did.

Celebrating a birthday
One of the guys we visited this week came to church. He has this cute daughter, so quiet but so cute. I got to bring her to Primary and since they had no teacher, my companion and I got to teach. So that was fun. The kids were rowdy so we played some games with them. Games in Spanish are difficult for me, but I can keep up and they are all patient and helpful.

Marissa often walks up and down this mountain
We've visited a recent convert as well, my companion actually knows him from Quillaybamba. He's 13 (14?) and so we had a lesson with him and his brother (another convert) and friends. Then we played games, in which I'm sure I didn't say a thing right, but I tried. I actually know a lot of thing games, but in Spanish it's almost like new. 

Hermana Madsen, Miguel, and Hermana Garcia
We have been over at the pizzeria a lot. Sometimes for an emergency bathroom break. The guys are fun and they let us help out. I get to wash dishes. We got to wait tables one day as they were short handed. There's only three of them that work there: Oscar and his wife, and Evar. Their little kid runs around, making noise and wanting to play with us. The day that Evar wasn't there, we helped wait tables and clean up after customers. They sometimes feed us, sometimes pizza, sometimes another dish. 

She not only ministers to people, but to animals as well!
It's weird but whenever I start singing in English, people ask me to continue singing. I've also been asked to sing in English. It's a little unnerving, but since I love singing I'm ok with it.
Love, Hermana Madsen

                          

Please email Marissa! She told me she hasn't heard from many extended family members or friends. Please pray for our missionaries as well, as they bring the light of Christ, and his gospel to those searching for spiritual truth in an ever-darkening world.

Marissa's email is: marissa.madsen@myldsmail.net 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments mean a lot!