Tuesday, June 5, 2018

Mission Update

I want to thank everyone who has been fasting and praying for the Sweetest Missionary Ever. That means so much to us, and to Marissa especially. And if you've also emailed Marissa, thank you, thank you! That means a lot to her and makes her feel as if she hasn't been forgotten by family and friends. So, thank you from the bottom of my heart for caring about my daughter.

 

When I "chatted" with her yesterday (Monday), over email, she told me that her stomach issues have lessened a bit. Let's hope whatever's been plaguing her ever since she arrived in Cusco is on its way out. I begged her to see a doctor again if it worsens or continues much longer. I keep wondering if she might have a parasite. My biggest concern is the amount of weight she's lost. 20 pounds seems like a lot to me as she is so petite and had already lost 10 pounds at college before she left on her mission.


She hasn't shared a lot about her mission itself with us these past two weeks. I think she's been overwhelmed by her poor health, but she did tell me that on their p-days (the day they are free to wear jeans and email home, etc.) a group of the missionaries have been touring parts of Cusco, going on hikes to waterfalls and that sort of thing. She was able to send me a few photos, despite her camera being stolen by professional thieves who targeted her, and not having the chance to buy a new one yet.


Also, two of "her investigators" are getting baptized. That is always great news.





Thanks for reading! Marissa's email is: marissa.madsen@myldsmail.net 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments mean a lot!