Sunday, December 2, 2018

Trio For Three Days (Mission Update)


Hey Everybody! How are you all doing? 


This week not much has happened. We have been out contacting all week, knocking on doors, but not a lot of people opened their door. We share a sector with another companionship of Hermanas but one left and went home because she finished her mision so we were in a trio for a couple of days. Now she is working with a mini misisonary, someone from the ward who is going to be her companion for the next couple of weeks. 


We were walking and found some little girls playing and so we gave them a contacting card and started to walk down the hill after talking to them a little bit. When we get to the bottom of the hill, we looked up and they were there yelling at us, pointing at the card, saying we forgot it. We yelled back at them saying it was theirs. 


Also, everyone remembers my companions name and not mine. I called someone and talked to the and said goodbye and they told me "See you later Hermana Perry!" Then on Friday we walked into Noche Misional that we have every week and all of the kids ran to my companion and remembered her name but not mine and didn't talk to me until minutes later when they remembered I was there! It was sad but fun. I'll just make friends with the dogs. My companion can make friends with the people. 


Also we ran into some dogs and they ate all my Lays but I made new dog friends!


Then one day we were bored and my companion asked for random numbers so we did math equations! Math is fun!

We went with our third companion to visit her convert and they all wanted to take a picture with my companion and I. I think because we were white and two gringas? It was way funny. 


For P-day we got a list of things we needed to find and went on a scavenger hunt around Juliaca. It was way fun. Here's a couple of pictures: 


On a bridge.


Recreating a statue (close enough, right?).


With the trash! 

That's pretty much all for my week! I hope you are all doing well and having a great time! Remember to enjoy every moment, the good and the bad!

Love, Hermana Madsen  (November 12, 2018)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments mean a lot!