Sunday, November 4, 2018

Gringas and Halloween (Mission Update)

Well we had Transfers and I have a new companion! Her name is Hermana Perry and she is from Idaho. Yep, we are now a companionship of gringas.

   

Yesterday was Halloween. We watched all the little kids dressed up and going store to store asking for candy, they were really cute. Here are the sons of my pensionista in their costumes.

We didn't do anything for Halloween but we did walk through the cemetery. It was both really cool and a little weird. They leave food and drinks for their dead. 


The cemetery has houses for the dead, and then a yard for the dead and cupboards for the dead. It's pretty cool.


We also went exploring a little bit and found this cool place. 
  
Meet our babies. ;) There's a type of bread named Wawa pan that they put on faces and we just had to take pictures. There you can also see my new companion, Hermana Perry. 


We are doing lots of contacting to find new people to teach. While doing so we get lost and go exploring, because I am that bad with directions. But we have been working really hard and I am excited to see what's going to happen this cambia. 

Love you all! 

Hermana Madsen

Marissa is doing great! I'm finally caught up again on her posts. It's been challenging to find time to get onto my computer because Marcus has been using it a lot lately for his online classes. Also, my hard drive has stopped working. 😕 That is where I put all of her photos she sends me. 
She did mention that she is only hearing from us (her family) so PLEASE take a moment today to write her an email. Even if you don't know her personally, write to her and introduce yourself! Missionaries work HARD and need lots of support and encouragement. She'd love to hear from others. Her email addy is: marissa.madsen@myldsmail.net
If you own a pet, she'd love to see a photo as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments mean a lot!