Monday, May 7, 2018

Girls Night & Serving Dogs (A Missionary Update)

Marissa's email update from two weeks ago...


Last night we went to the Hermana Leaders house, where four companionships (so there were eight of us) gathered together for a girl's night. This morning I made pancakes (thanks for the recipe) and we watched movies. I have been searching for movies where English is an option and have found many, but you never quite know for sure. You never know what type of picture you are going to get either. Sometimes you can tell that it is taped and recorded. It was really fun, we spent the time in our pajamas, and had popcorn and I shared my tootsie rolls. They are almost gone btw. For lunch we bought barbecue and a thing of Coke to share. I really enjoyed it.

This is Lucia, she's a recent convert and loves to ask me what words are in English. 
This week was really good. We vistited lots of people and are helping prepare this 8 year old boy for baptism. We traveled way up to the end of Chaska and I continue to get hit on (boys flirt with her all the time!), but have learned how to deal with it. I am learning Spanish but sometimes I find myself not wanting to talk and as a result many have asked why I am so quiet. I need to learn to speak up more. And talk. I love my work and my mission. 


 And from this week...


First, we have been getting up early at 5 in the morning to walk a group of girls to seminary. 


We gave service on Saturday at this dog care/pound place. Which was really fun. There were a lot of missionaries, about 40 of us. I loved it.

This dog is named Coso and he has cancer, poor dog. He was the most calm of them all and loved to be given attention. 
 


This is Dobby 


I'm a little protective of Dobby, she's not mine but I love her as though she was. She follows us and have met some of the other missionaries who all question why she is with me, but she gives me comfort and joy and I always reply that they are God's creation too and deserve love as well. I will walk up to any dog if I feel they will let me and love to give them love and pet them. 



We also had Dobby follow us to church, causing some trouble but mostly lots of laughs and smiles. Some even sneaking her food. She also followed us today on our P-day in which we hiked up more than 300 stairs and to the end of our sector with this girl from the ward. 

Marissa and her companion with Andrea, who is about to leave on her mission to Mexico
 I also made mac 'n cheese today, which turned out alright, but I think next time I need more cheese. Not sure how the others liked it.  

The Sweetest Missionary Ever sounds really happy over her emails, and on Mother's Day, we get to Skype with her so we are looking forward to that. 😊
Please write to her! Her email is: marissa.madsen@myldsmail.net   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments mean a lot!