Thursday, February 28, 2019

February Recap

Hello March! This month David and I celebrate 27 years of marriage. We are so blessed! But let's revisit February:

February started off with the SURF (Sweet, Unique, aRtsy Friends) Club Valentine's party. It was a lot of fun and 19 of my craft girls made it so it was my biggest craft party to date.



The girls made Valentine unicorns,

Froot Loop bird feeders,

Jolly Rancher lollipops,

Old fashioned Valentine cards,


Paper plate hearts,




And the older girls made mixed media hearts.



The girls surprised me with this giant Valentine's card. So sweet!


It's nice to be loved!

Marcus and I spent nearly all of February in Montana with David. This is where his job is currently and it's been challenging to live a part so I freed up five weeks for the three of us to be together. It's been so nice despite the freezing temperatures and the mounds of snow.


This is a picnic table in the backyard.

We have basically become hermits. :) Every morning David goes off to work, just a few blocks away, Marcus watches his online classes, and I lounge around the house. My friend Shelly calls this peaceful existence Hygge living. I wrote a post about it here. Besides housework which doesn't take me long in this one bedroom rental house, I've been reading, coloring, and making cards. And a little bit of binge watching (Hallmark channel).


On the weekends we've sometimes made a trip to Billings for a little bit of shopping. We bought Marcus an air mattress so he didn't have to sleep on the couch or floor, and we bought ourselves a mattress topper for the bed we're borrowing from David's mom (the mattress on it is rock hard and was hurting my back). David was very sweet one Saturday to find a Hobby Lobby for me so I could buy card making supplies. I also made each of my SURF Club girls Valentine cards and mailed them off.

And that was our February! Marissa is doing well on her mission and I hope you will check back to read her updates. She was able to video chat with us this week and that was so much fun. She elected not to write a group email, but promised one next week. 

If you're here PLEASE leave a comment!

Thank you,
Camie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments mean a lot!