Wednesday, February 20, 2019

Valentine Day Goodbyes (Mission Update)

Hello? Is anyone there? Here is the latest from the Sweetest Missionary Ever:


This week was a very busy week! But I don't have a lot of pictures so it's going to be a short email. 



It was Valentine's Day and we had a small FHE with the bishop's family. At this FHE we said goodbye to Hno Erick, a friend of the family. (I made him that painting.)



Then today we went to the Salt Mines! It was way fun. So pretty.




The salt mines are interesting. I'm not quite sure how it works, since we only went to walk around, but it's cool.

That's pretty much all for this week. Also, will you all pray for Hna Conde? Thanks! 

Love, Hna Madsen

February 18, 2019




She can't find pickles in Peru, and she loves pickles. So her dad sent her one in her Valentine's care package.


It's 8:30am and the rental house is quiet except for the sound of my typing and the furnace running. Marcus is still asleep upstairs in the attic-like space where he sleeps on an air mattress. David is at work, only a few blocks away. I'll wake him at 9 if he's not up by then, so he can be ready for his 9:30 history class (which will be online and filmed live). 

It is snowy and cold here and we only know one neighbor, Joyce. So we live like hermits here. I wrote about my hygge lifestyle on my other blog, which gets much more traffic than this one does. I feel like we don't have many extended family supporting us, and very few family-friends who will take an interest in my blogs, but if you are here, thank you! Would you please leave a comment? Just click on 'no comment' at the bottom of this post. Let me know if it won't let you comment. I am not completely in-the-know on how commenting works for those who not have a blogging profile.

But if you are here, Marissa would really appreciate hearing from you. She'd love to hear from anyone! You may write her an email at: marissa.madsen@myldsmail.net 
Although, I did notice that her last email has this addy: marissa.madsen@missionary.org 
So I guess either would work? I'll have to ask her about it next week. We are so excited that now we have all kinds of options for communicating with her on her p-days. We chatted through google hangouts this week. That was much faster than emailing back and forth. :)

Thanks for caring about us,
Camie


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments mean a lot!