Sunday, June 23, 2019

Mother's Day Tribute (Mission Update)

Our bishop read this aloud in Sacrament meeting on Mother's Day. It was a surprise. He read letters from each missionary in our ward to their mothers. It was very touching:


Dear Mom, 

I am so thankful that you are my mother. You are so amazing. You have helped me through many difficult times in my life, you have strengthened me and guided me. You are my  example. I hope you have an amazing Mother's Day. I love you and I am so grateful you are my Mother.  You have taught me a lot. You are always there to help me. I love you a lot. Thank you for everything, for your unconditional love and for your guidance. I can remember all the times you have helped me. The love of God can be compared to the love of a mother because it is so strong and so amazing. Your love is so strong, you are so inviting to everyone that I know all the girls in the ward love you and look up to you. You are a friend to everyone. You have shown me the qualities of a mother and give me strength to move on and strive to do my best. You are truly amazing. I am so glad for everything. Have a good day and I can't wait to talk to you. I hope you know how truly thankful I am for your teachings and words of love and advice. Because of you, I am who I am today. At the people I teach I share the great example I had in my mother, how she taught me to pray and continue forward in faith. And it is so true, everything I share and know about you. I thank God every day that you are my mother. Thank you, Mom, for everything. I love you.  

Love, your daughter

My testimony: 

I have learned a lot being out on my mission. More than anything I have learned that we are not alone, God and Jesus Christ are always with us. Jesus Christ is always inviting us to Come and follow him. He is always there to invite us, no matter what we do. I know that this church is true, I love this gospel and serving the Lord. I know that Joseph Smith was a prophet and that we have a living prophet today, Russel M Nelson, who guides us and receives revelation from God. Our Heavenly Father loves us and invites us all to return and be with Him. He surrounds us in His arms. I know that Jesus Christ is our Good Shepard, and calls His sheep. he is my brother and best friend. He is with me always. I have learned that Faith is all we need to make the most important steps in our lives, for if we have faith we can move mountains. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments mean a lot!